Having handled hundreds of U.S. Supreme Court proceedings at both the certiorari and merits stages, Schaerr|Jaffe attorneys are ready to provide a variety of expert services when a client's case reaches the high Court.
- If a client has a case that merits Supreme Court review, Schaerr|Jaffe attorneys will develop, prepare, and file a cert petition that maximizes the chances the Court will take the case.
- They will also coordinate supporting amicus briefs, helping underscore the significance of the petition and increasing the chances of a grant.
- If a client must oppose a cert petition to defend a favorable judgment below, Schaerr|Jaffe attorneys will prepare and file a brief in opposition explaining why the case is not appropriate for review.
- If the Court grants review of a client's case, Schaerr|Jaffe attorneys will bring their considerable Supreme Court experience to bear at the merits stage.
- By filing thoroughly researched and clearly written merits briefs, Schaerr|Jaffe attorneys will explain persuasively to the Court why their client should win.
- They will amplify the client's merits briefs by presenting oral arguments, carefully honed through assiduous review of the record and multiple moot courts.
- In addition, Schaerr|Jaffe attorneys will coordinate amicus briefs on the merits, to ensure that the client's position is presented in all of its aspects.
- Schaerr|Jaffe attorneys have also filed scores of impactful amicus briefs in the Supreme Court.
- They will prepare and file the highest quality amicus brief on behalf of a client who wishes to bring to the Court's attention unexplored facets of a case that could shape the outcome in the client's favor.